NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX fell 47.82 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,159.50.
* Leading the index were Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , up 7.0 percent, Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 4.1 percent, and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd , higher by 4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Martinrea International Inc , down 4.9 percent, Magna International Inc, down 4.7 percent, and AltaGas Ltd, lower by 3.8 percent.
* On the TSX 109 issues rose and 135 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and 6 new lows, with total volume of 237.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Baytex Energy Corp and Aphria Inc.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.31 points, or 0.67 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.41 points, or 0.45 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.28 percent, or $0.2, to $72.28 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.69 percent, or $0.56, to $81.76 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.3 percent for the year.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak)