Fourth murder suspect held over fatal stabbing of Bristol boys

A teenager has become the fourth person held on suspicion of murdering two boys in Bristol last weekend.

Detectives said a 17-year-old boy was in custody following the fatal stabbings of Mason Rist, 15, and Max Dixon, 16, on Saturday night.

The latest arrest comes after two boys, aged 15 and 16, appeared at Bristol Youth Court on Friday morning, each charged with two counts of murder.

The boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were remanded in custody to next appear at Bristol Crown Court on Monday.

Antony Snook, 44, from Hartcliffe, also appeared at Bristol Crown Court earlier today, after being charged with two counts of murder on Wednesday.

He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at the same court on Monday.

A 20-year-old man had previously been arrested on suspicion of murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a private place. He has been bailed but no further action will be taken related to the murder offence, police said.

Two other men, each charged with two counts of assisting an offender, made a first appearance at Bristol Magistrates' Court on Friday.

Both Bailey Westcott, 22, from Bishopsworth, Bristol, and Jamie Ogbourne, 26, from Hartcliffe, Bristol, were remanded in custody.

Westcott will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on Monday, while Ogbourne will appear at the same court on next Friday.

A 42-year-old woman, previously arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, has been released on conditional bail.

Read more:
Police hunting chemical attack raid 'brother's home'
Man dies after falling from London's Tate Modern gallery
Brianna Ghey's teenage killers jailed for decades

Detective Superintendent Gary Haskins, from Avon and Somerset Police, said: "The families of Mason and Max have been updated on all the latest developments in our ongoing investigation, and we'll continue to ensure they have all the support they need through specialist liaison officers.

"Now court proceedings are under way, it's even more important to remind people that posting speculation, footage and images on social media could jeopardise the forthcoming judicial process, while also causing further upset to Mason's and Max's families."