It was a week of losses for some marquee programs in college football, something Boise State Broncos fans know all too well after their 18-16 loss to UCF in Albertsons Stadium.
Partly because of upsets, no entrants in the Statesman’s Pick 6 prediction contest had a perfect 6-0 record — for the second week in a row.
More than half of Pick 6 contestants — 52% — actually correctly predicted Boise State’s loss. In the other games, 81% correctly picked Colorado over Nebraska, 48% had Miami’s win over Texas A&M, 10% nailed Texas’ upset over Alabama, 12% picked Washington State’s win over Wisconsin and 85% had UCLA over San Diego State.
Here are the Pick 6 Top 6 from Week 2 (five with 5-1 records, plus the 4-2 contestant with the most accurate Boise State score).
And here are the season leaders.
Ready to play Week 3? The 2-0 Idaho Vandals move into the lineup this week with a big game at Pac-12 foe California after dominating Nevada of the Mountain West last week. Here’s a summary of the rules.
1) List your name (optional).
2) List a unique user name if you don’t want your real name used (optional).
3) List your favorite college football team (optional).
4) Pick the winners of our six games.
5) List the final score of Boise State’s game (or a substitute when the Broncos aren’t playing).
6) You’ll have up until kickoff of the first game on our list to make your picks. This week, that’s 10 a.m. Saturday.
Good luck! If the game format isn’t showing up below on your phone or browser, follow this link.