EXCLUSIVE: CAA has inked filmmaker Aneil Karia, who was recently directed and co-wrote the Protagonist Pictures thriller Surge which made its world premiere in the competition slot at the Sundance Film Festival.
The movie, starring 007 Q actor Ben Whishaw, is set over 24 hours in London, and follows a man who goes on a bold and reckless journey of self-liberation. Surge was nominated for Sundance’s Grand Jury Prize, and will screen at the Berlin Film Festival in the Panorama program.
More from Deadline
- WGA & Big 3 Talent Agencies Agree To Mediation, But Don't Hold Your Breath
- Danny Perkins Launches UK Distributor Elysian Film Group Distribution With Backing From CAA - EFM
- Amazon Closing Deal For Sundance Documentary Directing Winner 'Time'
Karia’s TV credits include the final three episodes of Top Boy’s third season on Netflix. He also directed the opening block of Pure, which was produced by Drama Republic for Channel 4. Karia’s short movie Work was nominated for a 2018 BAFTA award.
He continues to be represented by Roxana Adle at Independent Talent Group in the UK.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon