Colindale acid attack: Two jailed after sulphuric acid inside milk bottle flung at north London family on doorstep

Jailed: Denico Raymond and Jadiel Williams-Douglas  (ES Composite)
Jailed: Denico Raymond and Jadiel Williams-Douglas (ES Composite)

Two men have been jailed after three members of a family were injured when acid was thrown at them in an “horrendous” attack on the doorstep of their north London home.

Denico Raymond put sulphuric acid in a milk bottle which he lobbed at his victims in what police believe was a case of mistaken identity.

Both Raymond, 32, and his getaway driver Jadiel Williams-Douglas, have been imprisoned following an extensive police investigation.

Williams-Douglas was sentenced to 27 months behind bars at Aylesbury Crown Court on Monday after pleading guilty of three counts of assisting an offender.

Raymond had been jailed for life with a minimum term of nine years after pleading guilty of two counts and GBH and one count of ABH at Harrow Crown Court in December 2022.

The court heard on Monday how Raymond had travelled in a car driven by Williams-Douglas from Luton, where the convicted pair live, to the address in Colindale armed with a milk bottle containing sulphuric acid.

When a woman answered the knock on her door, Raymond threw the acid at her and it also hit a man and a ten-year-old girl who were inside the address.

Raymond fled was driven away from the scene by Williams-Douglas. All three victims were taken to hospital for treatment to their burns before being discharged following treatment.

A number of officers were also treated at the scene for the effects of the substance after attending the address. None of their conditions were serious.

An analysis of CCTV revealed the route of the car took as it left the scene was identified.

Footage showed Raymond going into a shop to buy water to douse burns he had sustained when he threw the acid.

An eagle-eyed PCSO recognised him from the images and was subsequently arrested.

Items of clothing Raymond wore during the attack were recovered at his address, further linking him to the incident.

Williams-Douglas was identified and arrested after he was connected to the car the pair had used to flee the scene.

Detective Inspector Jack Stilwell, who led the investigation, said no motive had been uncovered and that it was likely that the the attack on the family was a case of mistaken identity.

He said: “This sentencing comes at the end of a long investigation and I would like to thank the officers who have be involved with the case for their dedication. It also would not have been possible to secure these convictions without the bravery of the victims.“Neither Raymond or Williams-Douglas ever revealed why they chose to attack this family and we have yet to uncover a link to the address; it may have been a case of mistaken identity but unsurprisingly they have not had the courage to admit this. Although this investigation is over, the victims will live on with the physical and psychological trauma of this horrendous attack.”