A shocked family of four were forced to flee their home after finding hundreds of potentially deadly spiders in their bunch of bananas.
Jamie Roberts, 31, had to have his home fumigated after realising the fruit was infested with a spider nest containing hundreds of the creepy crawlies.
Jamie, who suffers from arachnophobia, and his wife Crystal, 30, rang pest controllers who advised them to leave their home in Hednesford, Staffs, immediately.
The couple, along with their two children Georgina, seven, and five-year-old son Joshua, left their home on Feb 24 and had to stay away for three days.
Pest controllers spent 24 hours fumigating their home but the family were only allowed back three days later after the toxic vapours used to kill the spiders had cleared.
The spiders have not been officially identified but the family believe they could have been the world’s most poisonous Brazilian Wandering Spider.
Jamie, a civil servant, said: 'It was terrifying and especially for me because I have a phobia of spiders.
'We bought the bananas from the local shop and there were in a fruit bowl on the window sill in the kitchen.
'One day I picked one up because it looked mouldy because it had patches of white on it.
'I knew something was wrong because then I noticed the white patches were all over the window sill and the curtains and I could see tiny legs and realised they were spiders.
'At that point, I wasn’t too concerned because I thought they looked dead. I was freaked out but I started to sweep the patches into the bin but then they all started moving.
'It was like something out of a horror film because suddenly the window sill was moving with hundreds of these spiders.
'My wife and I rang the shop where we bought them and they asked us to drop them round to them.
'When we did they called pest control and they told us to get out of the house.
'They said they couldn’t be sure what kind of species of spider they were because you can only do that when they are fully grown but they looked identical to the deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider.
Jamie’s wife Crystal, who works for HMRC, bought the pack of bananas from the OneStop store near their home.
The family are now waiting for pest controllers to confirm whether the spiders were the deadly species.
Guinness World Records lists them as the most toxic spider on earth and its venom is said to be 30 times more powerful than that of a rattlesnake.
Humans bitten by one can suffer an irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, vomiting and eventual death.