A Middle Eastern restaurant, located in Sacramento’s midtown district, was damaged in a fire early Tuesday morning.
The Sacramento Fire Department responded to a reported fire at Kasbah Lounge about 1 a.m.
“This was an accidental fire caused by a stove that was left on inside of the building,” said Capt. Justin Sylvia, a spokesperson for the Fire Department.
While no injuries were reported as a result of this fire, Sylvia said the kitchen had major damage.
“However, our crews made a quick knockdown on the fire and kept it from spreading to other buildings,” Sylvia said. “Residents do not need to avoid the area.”