The fire may have started from a space heater inside the camper, according to the Baker County Sheriff’s Office
A Florida teen has died after the camper she and four other family members were sleeping in caught fire.
The blaze broke out early Wednesday morning on a property near Orbey Rhoden Road in Glen St. Mary, according to a news release posted to Facebook by the Baker County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO).
The police added that while the 13-year-old girl “tragically” died in the fire, others inside the camper “were able to escape without injury.”
Family members, meanwhile, have identified the teenage victim as Avery Brown, who attended Baker County Middle School, according to CW affiliate WJXT.
According to the station, Brown, her grandmother and three children were sleeping in the camper Wednesday morning when the fire broke out.
A 5-year-old was first to spot the blaze. She “woke her grandmother up to say there’s a fire,” Lana Hunter, Brown’s great-grandmother, told the WJXT.
Hunter added that it wasn’t until after the grandmother escaped with three of the children that she realized Brown “didn’t get out of the camper.”
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
“This is horrible. Tragic, tragic to lose a child this way,” Bethany Brooks, one of Brown’s relatives, told the station. “If everybody could just pray for my family we really need it right now.”
According to the BCSO, the fire may have started from a space heater inside the camper. They also said that an investigation into the blaze is ongoing.
“Sheriff Scotty Rhoden extends his heartfelt condolences to the family and asks that our community join us in praying for them,” the BCSO said.
For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Read the original article on People.