O’Fallon Around Town — March 30 edition
Noon Friday, March 31 is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the number of submissions, events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: email@example.com. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, March 30
▪ Shoe Collection Drive Fundraiser — Through Saturday, May 6. Papa Wally’s Produce, 138 Seibert Road, Shiloh. Fundraising for 4 Paws for Ability Autism Assistance Dog for 22-month-old Tucker. How to help: Donate new or gently worn shoes (mens, womens, or kids—no cleats, please) at Papa Wally’s Produce. Pick up can be arranged for group donations. The goal is to collect 100 bags of shoes to raise funds to help cover fees for a service dog for Tucker. For more info: facebook.com/4paws4tucker.
Thursday, March 30 through Saturday, April 1
▪ Triad High School presents ‘Mamma Mia!’ — 7 p.m. Triad High School cafetorium, 703 US-40, Troy. ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father. This sunny and funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and seniors. The play is produced by special arrangement with Musical Theater International.
Thursday, March 30 through Sunday, April 2
▪ The McKendree University Theater Department presents ‘Silent Sky’ — 10 a.m. Thursday, March 30; 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 31; and Saturday, April 1; and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 2. Hettenhausen Center for the Arts, 400 N. Alton St., Lebanon. McKendree University’s students will be performing “Silent Sky,” the true story of 19th-century astronomer Henrietta Leavitt. Admission: free for McKendree students, faculty and staff; general admission is $5. For tickets and info: 618-537-6863 or thehett.com.
Friday, March 31
▪ O’Fallon K of C Fish Fry — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Traditional menu of cod and several side dishes. Dine-in and carryout. Credit cards accepted. Orders can be called in at 618-632-6229. facebook.com/KnightsOfColumbus4239
▪ KC Club and Event Center Fish Fry — 3-7 p.m. 5420 Old Collinsville Road, O’Fallon. Catfish plates, cod plates, barbecue chicken, fries, cole slaw, hush puppies, baked beans, potato salad. Dine in or carryout and drink specials. facebook.com/KCClubEastStLouis
▪ Shiloh Eagles Fish Fry — 5-7 p.m. Shiloh Eagles 545, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and sides. Full menu. Dine-in or carryout available. For carryout, call 618-624-5412. facebook.com/shiloheagles545
Friday, March 31 & Saturday, April 1
▪ Gateway Outdoor Expo — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, March 31, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 1. Tower Grove Park, Northeast Quadrant, 4257 Northeast Drive, St. Louis. Free public expo showcasing the latest outdoor products, services and resources, plus interactive attractions and demos. Family-friendly event. gatewayoutdoorexpo.com
Saturday, April 1
▪ Breakfast with the Easter Bunny — 9 a.m. to noon. Klucker Hall, 14 Park Drive, Shiloh. Continental breakfast, donuts, pastries, coffee, juice and milk. Pictures with the Easter Bunny, free crafts for the kids. Cost: $5 - adults 16 and older; children - non-perishable items. RSVP by Friday, March 31, by calling 618-632-1022 x119. Proceeds benefit the community school’s food pantry.
Tuesday, April 4
▪ HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital ImpactLife Blood Drive — 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 3 St. Elizabeth’s Blvd., O’Fallon. To make an appointment, visit ImpactLife’s Donor Portal (bloodcenter.org) or call 800-747-5401.
▪ McKendree University Free Pop-Up Concert — 4 p.m. Bothwell Chapel, McKendree University campus, Lebanon. The concert will feature contemporary Christian music by senior Elizabeth Durbin, a music education major from Taylorville, along with chaplain interns and others. Free and open to the public. Monetary donations welcome. Benefits victims from the Turkey-Syrian earthquakes. 618-537-6962.
Wednesday, April 5
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. 618-210-8156 or ofallonsunriserotary.org.
▪ National Alliance on Mental Illness: NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group — 6:30-8 p.m. Online via Zoom. Free peer-to-peer support group for adults with a mental health condition working towards recovery. Every Wednesday. Open the Zoom app and enter 3914844542. For information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-798-9788.
Thursday, April 6
▪ St. Clair County Genealogical Society — 7 p.m. Online via Zoom. Program: “Researchers Unite!” Share your thorny or difficult-to-solve family research problems. Or, share a finding aid or resource that is new to you which may help others solve their family history stumbling blocks. The meeting is open to the public, but space is limited. Reservation information is at stclair-ilgs.org/events or facebook.com/STCCGSIL.
Other area happenings
▪ Freedom Sings USA presents Veterans Songwriting Retreat — 5 p.m. Friday, April 14, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 15. Klucker Hall, 14 Park Drive, Shiloh. A VA-certified music arts therapy event featuring Steve Dean, Don Goodman, Bill Whyte and Wood Newton, plus special guests. A free concert will take place at 5 p.m. Saturday, April 15 at Yorktown Golf Course, 300 Goalby Drive, Shiloh. freedomsingsusa.org or 618-632-1022, ext. 119.
▪ Bob Goalby 4-Person Classic Scramble — Noon Saturday, April 15. Yorktown Golf Course, 300 Goalby Drive, Shiloh. Join us in celebrating Bob Goalby, Yorktown Golf Course Designer & 1968 Masters Champion. Watch Saturday at the Masters, enjoy Masters themed food and drink specials, and compete for your own green jacket. For info and registration: https://forms.gle/KTrPS96suHTErDPw8.
▪ Race for Love: 2023 5K Charity Run for Leaps of Love — 8 a.m. Sunday, April 16. The Hettenhausen Center for the Arts, 400 N. Alton St., Lebanon. The 5K Race for Love lets us support Leaps of Love, an organization located in Highland that embraces families that are or have been affected by childhood cancer. To register or for more info: mcksportmgmt.com.
▪ O’Fallon Township Senior Committee Dinner & Entertainment — 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 20. 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. O’Fallon Township residents only. Reservation deadline April 14. Cost: $3. 618-632-3517.
▪ CAIN’s Live and In Color Tour with Special Guests Katy Nichole and David Leonard — 7 p.m. Saturday, April 22. First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 1111 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Special for band members and audience members alike as each night CAIN is asking their audience to show up matching in the same color as their tour outfits. CAIN is inviting the audience to be a part of the show by showing up live and in color. This performance’s color is yellow. Tickets start at $26 each. For tickets and info: itickets.com/events/470795.
▪ Corpus Christi Church Spring Chicken Dinner — 3-7 p.m. Sunday, April 23. Corpus Christ Church, 205 Rasp St., Shiloh. Menu: home-style fried chicken, Italian mostaccioli, green beans, corn, herb dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, dinner rolls, desserts and drinks. Cost: $15 per adult, $8 kids 10 and under. Carryouts available. Raffle: prizes include $500, Galaxy tablet, $100 Peel gift card, $50 gas card. Raffle tickets $5 each or three for $10. corpuschristishiloh.com