RCMP say sinking of Saulnierville fishing boat not suspicious

·1 min read
The search for a 25-year-old woman who went missing on the Annapolis River was set to resume at 9 a.m. AT Sunday. (CBC - image credit)

Nova Scotia police say they do not consider the sinking of a fishing boat at the Saulnierville wharf last weekend to be suspicious.

Police responded to a call around 4:45 a.m. on Saturday.

The boat had been tied up at the Saulnierville wharf since Friday at approximately 5 p.m., according to a news release.

Mike Sack, the chief of the Sipekne'katik First Nation, confirmed through a media spokesperson that the boat belongs to a community member. Sack said there is no evidence of foul play.

No one was on board at the time of the sinking, and no injuries have been reported. Police say no other property was damaged.

On Wednesday, RCMP said their investigators have determined that the cause of the sinking "was not suspicious and that no criminality occurred."

They did not release any more details on the cause of the sinking.

MORE TOP STORIES

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting