Rob Ford thanks supporters, vows 'I'm not quitting'

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford took to the airwaves Sunday, thanking his supporters and vowing to "move on" with his appeal of a judge's ruling last week that ordered him out office over a conflict of interest violation.

"I'll put my life on it. I'm not quitting, I'm not resigning," Ford said on Toronto radio station CFRB Newstalk 1010.

"If council decides they're going to have a byelection I assure you I will be the first one into the race," he said.

Superior Court Justice Charles T. Hackland ruled last Monday that Ford had violated the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by speaking and participating in a council vote regarding a financial penalty he was ordered to pay after he was found to have violated council's code of conduct by soliciting donations to his football charity using city materials.

On Friday, Hackland clarified that Ford can once again seek the mayor's chair if the city opts to hold a byelection ahead of the 2014 municipal election.

Council also has the option of appointing a mayor to serve until 2014.

Ford is also applying for a stay of judgment, which will be heard Wednesday. If successful, he would remain mayor until his appeal runs its course.

"I am sincerely grateful for everything that everyone's offered for me," Ford said on Sunday.

"It gets a little emotional but you have to move on."

[ [ [['xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 11]], '27013743', '0' ], [ [['keyword', 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999]], 'videoID', '1', 'overwrite-pre-description', 'overwrite-link-string', 'overwrite-link-url' ] ]