Advertisement

A Timeline of Sean 'Diddy' Combs' Sexual Assault Allegations and Lawsuits

Sean 'Diddy' Combs has recently been accused of sexual assault by four different women

<p>Matt Baron/Shutterstock</p>

Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Sean “Diddy” Combs is facing a number of sexual assault allegations.

The rapper first made headlines in November, when his ex Cassie filed a bombshell lawsuit against him, alleging that the music mogul raped and sex trafficked her over the course of an abusive 10 years.

In her complaint filed against Combs in New York, she claimed that she was stuck in a decade-long “cycle of abuse, violence and sex trafficking” that included a 2018 rape after she tried to leave him, and multiple instances of domestic violence.

The lawsuit was resolved to their "mutual satisfaction" a day later, however, more women have come forward since then, with some alleging Diddy of abuse, sex trafficking and gang rape.

On Dec. 6, Diddy spoke out about the allegations. “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy,” he wrote in the statement, which was obtained by PEOPLE. “Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday.”

Here’s everything to know about the timeline of Diddy’s sexual assault accusations and lawsuits.

November 16, 2023: Diddy's ex Cassie accuses him of rape, sex trafficking and domestic violence in a lawsuit

<p>ANGELA WEISS/AFP via Getty</p>

ANGELA WEISS/AFP via Getty

On Nov. 16, singer Cassie filed a lawsuit in New York against Diddy, whom she dated on-again-off-again from 2007 to 2018. In her complaint, she accused Diddy of raping and abusing her over the course of their decade-long relationship. Once Cassie (born Casandra Ventura) decided to fully end the relationship in September 2018 over dinner, she alleged Diddy forced his way into her home and raped her.

In a statement to PEOPLE, Combs’ lawyer Ben Brafman denied the allegations, which he called “offensive and outrageous.”

"Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations. Ms. Ventura's demand of $30 million, under the threat of writing a damaging book about their relationship, was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail," Brafman said. "Despite withdrawing her initial threat, Ms. Ventura has now resorted to filing a lawsuit riddled with baseless and outrageous lies, aiming to tarnish Mr. Combs' reputation, and seeking a pay day."

In response, Ventura’s attorney Douglas Wigdor said in a statement: “Mr. Combs offered Ms. Ventura eight figures to silence her and prevent the filing of this lawsuit. She rejected his efforts and decided to give a voice to all women who suffer in silence. Ms. Ventura should be applauded for her bravery.”

November 17, 2023: Diddy and Cassie settle lawsuit

A day after Ventura filed her lawsuit, Diddy and the singer announced they resolved the claims in the lawsuit to their "mutual satisfaction.” The parties added that there will be no further details publicly released about the terms of the agreement.

“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control,” Ventura said in a statement. “I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”

Combs added, “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best."

Ben Brafman, Combs' lawyer, clarified his client's stance on issue, telling PEOPLE in a statement, "Just so we’re clear, a decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing. Mr. Combs‘ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.”

November 23, 2023: Diddy is accused of sexual assault by another woman

Days after settling his lawsuit with Cassie, Diddy was accused of sexual assault in a lawsuit filed in the Manhattan Supreme Court.

According to the court documents obtained by PEOPLE, a woman named Joi Dickerson-Neal accused Diddy of drugging and raping her when she was a college student at Syracuse University in 1991. Attorneys for Dickerson-Neal claim she was the victim of “revenge porn” after the music mogul allegedly recorded the incident and shared the tape with others in the music industry.

At the time of the filing, which occurred as the New York State Adult Survivors Act window was about to close, Diddy denied the allegations, claiming Dickerson-Neal fabricated the story. “This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head. Ms. Dickerson's 32-year-old story is made up and not credible. Mr. Combs never assaulted her, and she implicates companies that did not exist. This is purely a money grab and nothing more," a spokesperson for the rapper wrote in a statement to PEOPLE.

November 23, 2023: Diddy faces a third sexual assault lawsuit

That same day, Diddy was accused of sexual assault by a third woman, according to a lawsuit filed in New York County Supreme Court. In the lawsuit obtained by PEOPLE, a Jane Doe alleged that Diddy and singer-songwriter Aaron Hall took turns raping her and a friend in New York City more than 30 years ago.

“These are fabricated claims falsely alleging misconduct from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute. This is nothing but a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs’ fame and success, he is an easy target for anonymous accusers who lie without conscience or consequence for financial benefit," a spokesperson for Combs wrote in a statement to PEOPLE.

The spokesperson added, "The New York Legislature surely did not intend or expect the Adult Survivors Act to be exploited by scammers. The public should be skeptical and not rush to accept these bogus allegations.”

PEOPLE attempted to contact Hall for comment but he could not be reached.

November 28, 2023: Diddy temporarily steps aside as Revolt chairman

<p>Steve Granitz/WireImage</p>

Steve Granitz/WireImage

Shortly after, the hop-hop TV network Revolt, which Diddy co-founded, released a statement via social media announcing that Diddy would no longer serve as the network's chairman. A representative for the rapper told PEOPLE the move was only temporary.

In a statement, the Network wrote, "Sean Combs has stepped down from his position as chairman of Revolt. While Mr. Combs has previously had no operational or day-to-day role in the business, this decision helps to ensure that Revolt remains steadfastly focused on our mission to create meaningful content for the culture and amplify the voices of all Black people throughout this country and the African diaspora."

The statement continued, "Our focus has always been one that reflects our commitment to the collective journey of Revolt — one that is not driven by any individual, but by the shared efforts and values of our entire team on behalf of advancing elevating and championing our culture — and that continues."

December 6, 2023: Diddy is accused of sex trafficking and gang rape by a fourth woman

In early December, Diddy was accused of sexual assault by a fourth victim. In a lawsuit filed in New York, a woman under the name Jane Doe accused Diddy, former Bad Boy Entertainment president Harve Pierre and a third individual labeled as "Third Assailant" of sex trafficking and gang rape when she was 17 years old.

In the filing obtained by PEOPLE, Jane Doe claimed that Pierre approached her at a lounge in Michigan and convinced her to take a private jet with him and Third Assailant to Combs' recording studio in New York City. Once she arrived, she alleges she and was given drugs and alcohol before being "viciously gang raped," the lawsuit claimed.

Pierre has yet to respond to PEOPLE's request for comment on either allegation.

December 6, 2023: Diddy speaks out about sexual assault allegations

<p>Paras Griffin/Getty</p>

Paras Griffin/Getty

That same day, Diddy denied the recent allegations against him in a statement to PEOPLE. “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he said.

The mogul added, "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or go to rainn.org.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.