NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX rose 101.90 points, or 0.62 percent, to 16,416.98.
* Leading the index were Pason Systems Inc, up 9.4 percent, Pan American Silver Corp, up 9.3 percent, and Maxar Technologies Ltd, higher by 7.3 percent.
* Lagging shares were Parex Resources Inc, down 15.3 percent, Computer Modelling Group Ltd, down 11.7 percent, and Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd, lower by 7.8 percent.
* On the TSX 152 issues advanced and 86 declined as a 1.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 17 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 178.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.11 points, or 0.05 percent, while the financials sector climbed 2.97 points, or 0.98 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.34 percent, or $0.23, to $66.71 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.4 percent, or $0.29, to $71.99 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 1.3 percent for the year.
(Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf)