- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Song, dance, tears, prayer: South Africa celebrates Mandela; Former president's burial Dec. 15The Canadian Press - 22 minutes ago
- Nelson Mandela’s death felt in Canada, his ‘home away from home’Daily Brew - 21 hours ago
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada: 'Our victory has become your victory'The Canadian Press - 5 hours ago
- Blogger Nikki Finke uses Mandela’s death to promote biopic, Twitter does not approveDaily Buzz - 3 hours ago
- Video highlights of some of Nelson Mandela's finest momentsYahoo Canada News - 20 hours ago
Reborn Baby Dolls
"Reborn Babies" are disturbingly life-like baby dolls carefully crafted in vinyl, which have become swiftly popular mainly with collectors, but also with grieving parents and nostalgic grandparents.
The dolls are created from a kit composed with the limbs and head made from vinyl and a trunk made from fabric which are painted several times to create the skin tone of newborn babies, their natural-looking hair and eyelashes, and are weighed to make them feel as heavy as human babies when carried.
The cost of a "Reborn Baby" varies between hundreds to thousands of euros and takes around 25 hours to be assembled together depending on the level of precision requested by people who "adopt" the dolls. (Reuters)
Photos of the Day
1 - 3 of 6